Thursday, April 7, 2011

SHAMBHALA 2011

I will be venturing off to Shambhala for the very first time this year, and needless to say I am EXTREMELY excited. The lineups for all but the beach stage and living room stage have been announced. I figured I would share them with you all, incase any of you are attending and have yet to see, or perhaps to inspire you to purchase a ticket!

In the Fractal Forest I am most looking forward to A.Skillz and Kingdom

The Pagoda looks promising thanks to Mat the Alien, aka the multi genre turntable assassin, as well as Dj Audit, an artist I recently discovered via his moombahton track I.R Burial

In the Rock Pit you will find me dancing to the euphoric melodies of Bonobo, as well as jammin' to Foreign Beggars and Longwalkshortdock, who I had the pleasure of seeing in Victoria earlier this year.

The Village is sure to be pretty unreal. Being a lover of glitch hop, I am obviously stoked for Mim0sa, Samples, as well as Knight Riderz. As if that weren't enough...Dj Nu-mark of Jurassic 5, Dj Fresh, Flux Pavillion, Emotionz, and Zion I will be keeping my ears oh so happy. I'm really looking forward to Dub Fx, a unique artist who builds his own tracks through the power of his voice alone.

I'm not really familiar with most of the artists playing in the Labyrinth, but I will definitely be checking out David Starfire.

There you have it! My picks for Shambhala 2011. I am confident that I will return home with an appreciation for a ton of new artists as well. That being said, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE COMING!? WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOST?!

No comments: