Friday, March 18, 2011

MOOMBAHTON

Okay, so... I am slightly obsessed with Moombahton. I think the first Moombahton edit I ever heard was the Nadastrom Lydia remix, and although I loved the track I never took the time to search much deeper into the up and coming genre until I heard Toddla T's Radio 1 mix, which featured a special 1 hour Moombahton segment. I am happy to report that after embarking upon further investigation throughout these past couple of months... I have become completely immersed in the genre. I find that the mid tempo speed appeals to a much wider demographic than traditional house music, and that it is a lot easier to groove to in both a club environment and while listening at home.

Here's some of the gems I have discovered during my soundcloud Moombahunts...
ps. a lot of these tracks are nowhere near new, but with only a few thousand plays I can guarantee you won't be hearing them anywhere else all too often..

Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South remix) (Nadastrom Moombahton Edit) by Moombahton Movement

IMMIA (Ivan Rankic's Moombahton Edit) by Hej Zeus

Adele vs. Mashup Allstars - Rolling in the Deep (Platten-Karton's Moombahton Edit) by Platten-Karton

Afrojack - I'll Be There (DJ Hotsauce Moombahton Edit) by DJ Hotsauce

The Trust Feat. A-Mac - Sea Slide Galaxy by DJ A-Mac

Busta Rhymes - Dangerous (RUN DMT Moombahton Remix) CLICK "BUY THIS TRACK" TO DL FOR FREE by RUN DMT'S MAGICAL JUKEBOX

Ragga Muffin by David Heartbreak

TROPICAL CHICKS GO LIKE DIS (MOOMBAHTON) by Audio1

AUTOEROTIQUE - TURN UP THE VOLUME (TORRO TORRO/BILLY THE GENT MOOMBAHTON MIX) by TorroTorro

Majic (Moombahton Smutlee edit) by smutlee

Munchi - Hope by Munchi

Ludacris - The Potion (GTA Bootyton Mix) by GTA_

This is the start of something beautiful, people! VIVA MOOMBAHTON!

ps. If you like what you've heard peep Dave Nada's Tumblr, for the latest in Moombahton news/events/music >www.moombahton.tumblr.com

No comments: