Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fruit Salad



I usually don't get very excited about fruit; I like my food starchy and loaded with sodium. When I hear of people eating fruit on purpose, I think of that 47 year old woman on a diet making a big show of eating a dry pasty apple at lunchtime, only to skulk about in the middle of the night with chocolate sauce on her face. But this is summertime, and I am told that this is a time to be colourful and gay (in the 1928 sense of the word). Some antioxidants:

Nothing 2 Step 2 (Sammy Bananas Remix) / Thunderheist
Smooth, disco-ey. Isis' vocals really drive this one.

Bad Apple / Julio Bashmore
What the inside of an apple would sound like if you were in Latin America and high.

Coconut Orchid / DJ Mario Barrio
An oldschool-inspired romp; preachy vocals, percussive chiming, even some faint whistle.

No comments: